Brisbane, also known as Brissy or Brisvegas, is a beautiful city in Queensland, Australia. Located on the Australian East Coast, it is also Australia’s most populated city and is regarded as one of the tourist hubs as it offers tons of activities and breath taking views as well as an amazing coastline. With surprising sunshine around 283 days of year, Brisbane has one of the highest tourist turn out annually.
If you are planning to go to Brisbane, this list is exactly what you need. Read on to find out all the fun things you can do in Brisbane.
- Queensland Raceway: Nicknamed the paperclip, Queensland Raceway is located near Ipswich and is the perfect place for motor racing enthusiasts. It is situated in the outskirts of Brisbane but it is a spot worth visiting.
- Bigriggen Park, Scenic Rim: Located in the scenic rim, the Bigriggen Family Holiday Park is best known for its scenic views. It is the best camping site giving you a chance to take a relaxing break amid rivers and scenic views. It is approximately 90 minutes away from Brisbane but totally worth the travel.
- Ocean Beach, Bribie Island: If you really want to experience Australia, then what’s better than spending some time among Kangaroos? The ocean beach, birbie island is a hotspot for kangaroos who are seen frequently hopping around especially early in the mornings. You might also want to check out some of the best 4×4 tracks around Brisbane and bring the adventure spirit out.
- Brisbane Botanic Gardens: A place where you get admire all of Australia’s exclusive flora and fauna, the Brisbane Botanic Gardens are a home to Australia’s distinct wildlife. However, you might not want to have lunch or else you will find yourself surrounded by lizards looking for food.
- Rock Climbing at Kangaroo Point Cliffs: Beyond the Botanical Gardens is the Brisbane River. Walking along the river you will come to the famous Kangaroo Point Cliffs, a spot famous for kangaroo sightings. Typical Brisbanites enjoy picnics on the Kangaroo Point Cliffs whilst relishing the beautiful views.
- Hike Mount COOT-THA: Also known as the honey mountain, the Mount Coot Tha used to be the home of the Australian aboriginal people once. It has now become tourist hotspot and offers breathtaking views of the city from the top.
- River Dinner Cruise: Relish the beautiful Brisbane skyline by going on a cruise from the Eagle Street Pier. Located right next to the city center, the river dinner cruise is a perfect option if you are in Brisbane with your SO.
- Wheel of Brisbane: Everyone talks about the London Eye when it comes to Ferris wheels but located on the South bank skyline in Brisbane, the Wheel of Brisbane offers spectacular 365 degree views of the city of Brisbane and is a must visit spot whenever you travel to Brisbane.
Additionally, Brisbane offers tons of shopping centers, restaurants and clubs giving you all the options to enjoy your stay at your fullest. It’s high time you put Brisbane on your bucket list and visit all the places we mentioned here.